Delicious snickers cheesecake bars recipe that is swirled with chopped up snickers on top of an Oreo crust. Will definitely be your new favorite dessert!
About a week or so ago I had a taste for cheesecake. Of course, I didn’t want just a slice of a simple cheesecake! It had to contain something special and I mean really special – like snickers!
These awesome cheesecake bars can be made with any fun-sized candy bars that you have laying around; however, I think they rock with snickers!
After making these, I have so many more different ideas of fun cheesecake bar recipes. You guys are so lucky!
Even though you can use any type of fun-sized candy bars, I think the snickers bring a lot to the table because of all of the chocolate, caramel, and nuts. These bars have a just over-the-top on flavor – you’ll love them.
They are actually very easy to make, but they do require at least 3 hours of chilling time – same kind of chilling time as regular cheesecake would need. Making these the night or even the morning you need them are great – the longer they chill, the better they are.
For the crust you will need unsalted butter and 20 regular Oreos processed in a food processor. That process does not take too long.
For the cheesecake layer, you will need an egg, white granulated sugar 14 fun-sized Snickers, and vanilla extract. Not too many ingredients!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 16 ounces 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 14 fun-sized Snickers chopped tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, light grease. Set aside.
- Crust - Pulse the Oreo cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. Add into a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the mixing bowl with the crushed Oreos. Mix together.
- Pour the crust into the baking dish, using a large spatula spread out the crust. Make sure it is even all around.
- Filling - In a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and egg and mix for 3-5 minutes until it is creamy.
- Add in the white granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped Snickers.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set-up and the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow for the bars to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Overnight is best.
- Lift the foil of out the pan and cut into squares.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator - if they last that long!
Other recipes you might enjoy: