Lemon Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies – The BEST lemon cream cheese chocolate chip cookies! They are so easy and not require overnight chilling! A simple and incredibly chewy and soft-baked cookie! Bursting with flavor and perfect for a Spring or Summer dessert.
For some reason, I always associate lemons and any citrus with Spring and Summer. It also seems like others do too. But peak citrus season is actually in the cooler months. Crazy, right? I thought so!
During peak citrus season our stores do not carry many, and they are a terrible price. I do not notice them on sale until the beginning or even middle of Spring here. If you are craving lemon, as I am, I have another way to get enough lemon flavor into incredibly soft and tender cream cheese chocolate chip cookies!
When I was trying to decide on a name for these cookies I instantly went with lemon cream cheese chocolate chip cookies, but it seems like a mouthful to say. I couldn’t come up with another one that described these cookies perfectly. Just remember not to say it with a mouthful of cookies, too. HA!
Are you looking for additional recipes to use your lemons in? I highly recommend my refreshing strawberry lemonade, strawberry lemonade ice pops, smashed herb lemon baked potatoes (so good!), or even my crispy skillet chicken thighs with lemon garlic orzo!
So what makes these cookies unique? For one the unique flavor from a packet of lemon instant pudding mix. The second and third being from softened cream cheese and cornstarch. The last two ingredients will make sure you have the softest cookies ever. The perfect milk dunking cookie!
Can’t find lemon pudding mix at the store, I recommend purchasing it on Amazon!
If you are into the science behind cookies and what ingredient does what, I highly recommend purchasing Tessa’s Ultimate Cookie Handbook. It is a lifesaver for me and taught me how to perfect my favorite type of cookie which are soft and tender.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.9-ounce package lemon instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy using a handheld or stand mixer on medium speed.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and lemon pudding mix until combined.
- Mix in the salt, flour, cornstarch, and baking soda until combined on low speed or by folding using a plastic spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Place the cookie dough into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough using medium cookie scoop or 1.5 tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.