Vegetarian Cheeseburger Pasta – This cheesy goodness comes together in 30 minutes and is perfect for Meatless Monday’s! You’ll never buy a box mix again!
Our family is always on the look out for delicious meals perfect for Meatless Monday! Maybe I should rephrase that to saying, I am always on the lookout for meals for meatless Monday.
If are already familiar with my blog, you know my hubby isn’t a fan of meals. In his mind, a meal isn’t complete with a serving or two of meat. But he’s slowly starting to come around from where he was when we first got married.
When I was making this cheeseburger pasta, he knew there wasn’t going to be in meat in the pasta, and he loved it! After I had made it the other day, we had to head out of the house in a hurry to attend our niece’s birthday party, and I asked him to put it into containers and put it in the refrigerator while I was taking a shower. In the shower, I hear him saying, “Oh my gosh, this is good!”
So if you have a meat loving hubby or family member, they are going to love this! For the “meat” in this cheeseburger pasta, I used a new to us chipotle black bean burger by Gardein. I wasn’t sure how it was going to taste, but it was surprisingly delicious and moist. Not dry at all.
Doing a little bit digging into the ingredients we noticed they are made with non-GMO soy and wheat, which made me feel a lot better!
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 28 ounce can
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 black bean burgers, diced into chunks
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- scallions, to garnish
- Cook the rotini pasta according to the directions on the back of the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic, ketchup, dijon mustard into a 12-inch skillet or pan and mix. Simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet and mix until combined.
- Add the black bean burger pieces and mix until combined.
- Place the shredded cheese on top and bake until bubbly for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh scallions and serve.