Learn about how to make the juiciest Air Fryer Chicken Breast that is life-changing! Ready in 15 minutes!
I have fallen in love with these juicy air-fried chicken breasts! The seasonings are very similar to my popular Perfect Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts. These air-fried boneless chicken breasts are great for making the night of or even meal prepping on a Sunday afternoon.
Chicken breasts can be so finicky when cooking because they can dry out so fast, but the air fryer takes the guesswork out for you and you will have the juiciest air fried chicken breasts. The best part they only take 15 minutes start to finish, depending on thickness. If your chicken breasts are huge, I recommending slicing them in half length-wise.
what I love about this recipe:
- Juicy and tender chicken breasts in 15 minutes!
- Do need to brine your chicken breasts to create juicy chicken.
- Perfect for meal prepping!
what to serve with air fried chicken breast?
Air Fryer Chicken Breast is perfect with almost any side dish you can think of, especially air fryer sides!
✔ Fresh herbs
All of my side dish recipes are here, but here are a few I think that would be delicious:
ingredients needed for air fryer boneless chicken breast:
- Chicken Breasts - boneless, skinless chicken breasts are perfect. If your chicken breasts are huge, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder - Just enough to add a little touch of color with a tiny bit of heat, not much is used and doesn't make the chicken breasts spicy.
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
frequently asked questions:
I like to cook my boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 10 minutes at 380℉, then flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165℉.
I do not recommend stacking anything in the air fryer. It prevents anything from getting crispy and cooking correctly.
Yes! I like to flip them over after 10 minutes. It ensures your chicken breasts are cooking evenly.
Sometimes we are short on time and need to prep things ahead of time. Here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster for you!
✔ Prep ahead – You can rub the oil and season the chicken breasts ahead of time. However, there isn't much prepping ahead you can do besides cooking them for meal prepping.
✔ Cook ahead – You can cook these chicken breasts ahead of time; remember, if you are reheating the chicken breasts, only cook until 160℉ instead of 165℉, so they do not dry out.
✔ Freezer meal – Put cooked and cooled chicken breasts into an airtight container or a freezer bag and freeze.
freezer meal instructions
These air fryer chicken breasts are the perfect freezer meal! You can either prep this before cooking or after cooking. For best results, use within 4 months.
TO FREEZE BEFORE COOKING:
- Rub the chicken breasts with oil, then rub the seasoning mix onto them. Place into a freezer bag or freezer-friendly container.
- When ready to cook, add to the slow cooker. If you are cooking from frozen, the chicken will need additional cooking time. Frozen chicken breasts can be thawed before cooking by placing them in the refrigerator 24-48 hours beforehand.
- Cook as directed.
TO FREEZE AFTER COOKING:
- Prepare recipe as directed.
- Allow the chicken breasts to cool to room temperature.
- Package in freezer bags or a freezer-friendly container.
- Air Fryer - My tried-and-true air fryer that cooks perfectly and evenly.
- Tongs - Use these tongs for everything.
- Glass Mixing Bowl - Perfect for mixing all of the ingredients together and coating the chicken breasts.
Leftovers are my favorite! They save and reheat well. To save them, place them into a container once cooled to room temperature. The chicken breasts are good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and up to 4 months in the freezer.
more easy air fryer recipes
You can check out all of my easy dinner recipes here or see a few of our readers’ favorites below:
- Baked Cajun Chicken Breasts
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Learn about how to make the juiciest Air Fryer Chicken Breast that are life-changing! Ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengtwise to create 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Rub the olive oil on all sides of the chicken breasts, set aside.
Mix together your seasoning blend and rub the chicken breasts on all sides until they are coated.
Place chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer. Air fry at 380°F for 10 minutes, then flip and air fry for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F,
Remove the chicken breasts and allow the chicken breasts to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.