Soft-Baked Chewy Almond Cookies – The perfect cookie with a little crunch factor!
There is one time of dessert I absolutely love – cookies. All kinds of cookies just as long as they are soft and chewy, my favorite. Move on over thin and crispy cookies.
With soft and chewy cookies, there is no crunch factor. However with these cookies, you may be surprised because the crunch factor is there. It’s better than ever and salted!
Depending on how much crunch you like in your cookies, the chopped size of almonds will matter. For me, I like a little crunch in each bites, so I chopped the almonds into smaller pieces.
Have you ever tried sea salt almonds by blue diamond? They are amazing and I easily eat them all. If you are like me, just save a little extra for these cookies. You are going to love them, my friend. The almonds are the star in this recipe, but you can add chocolate chips if you would like. I would add in one cup.
If you prefer your cookies not to be too soft, then you will want to cut back on the brown sugar. More brown sugar equals more chewy and soft cookies.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sea salt almonds, chopped
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer on medium-speed. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour.
- Fold in the cornstarch, salt, baking soda until incorporated into the cookie dough. Gently fold in the chopped almonds.
- Cover and refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Spoon cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Thanks to Blue Diamond for providing sea salt and dark chocolate almonds. As always, all opinions are my own.
Other Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy: