Cheesy Bacon, Kale, Artichoke Crostini – Perfect for a delicious appetizer for your next party or enjoy as a main dish!
Let’s celebrate one of my favorite months with a delectable treat your taste buds will enjoy! I am not usually a big appetizer fan for one reason. I always seem to go overboard and my stomach gets full way too quickly.
Now that’s not a bad thing, but I can never eat an entree when I have appetizers. This crostini is perfect because it’s almost like a meal in its self. It loaded with all kinds of delicious things – cheese, bacon, kale, cream cheese, artichokes, and even oyster crackers!
I see you giving me that one eyed look – oyster crackers, Chelsea. To tell you the truth, I am obsessed about Chopped, the TV show on Food Network. It really inspires me and I am so excited to tell you, you can even do Chopped at home!
I was given a list of ingredients: Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar, kale, bacon, and oyster crackers! It is way too hot to make a soup, so I thought this crostini would be perfect. The oyster crackers actually had an extra crunch on top, which is perfect for a crostini.
If you are a home-cook, like myself, who likes to use real ingredients to inspire creativity, then submit a recipe to the challenge! It is so much fun! To be able to enter, all you have to do is use Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese and allow it to be the star of the dish! There’s so many possibilities so just have fun and create a recipe everyone can’t stop eating. By entering the chopped at home challenge, you can win $10,000!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese, separated
- 14 ounce can diced artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup sauteed kale, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced into ½" thick pieces
- coconut oil
- oyster crackers, crushed - to garnish (optional)
- Add the cream cheese and mayonnaise to a mixer and beat on medium-speed until creamy. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, artichoke hearts, and kale. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Turn the oven on broil high. Place the sliced french bread onto a large baking sheet.
- Spread coconut oil all over the bread, then grill in a grill pan for 1-2 minutes. This step makes the bread crunchy.
- Spread the mixture on top of the bread, top with cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes. Top with crumbled bacon and crushed oyster crackers.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.