Soft-baked pecan cookie recipe that is perfect for the holidays or anytime of the year! We love to dip them into a tall glass of milk!
During the holidays or even anytime of the year we always enjoy cookies. Buying them already made in a package or even in a roll is really easy, but they are never as tasty as homemade cookies. I might even have to disagree on the ease of the others because making homemade cookies are simple, too!
This year we are making a lot of homemade gifts to give to friends and family and I thought these pecan cookies would be a delicious hit. Not only are they for gift giving, but they would even be a hit on the dessert table of a holiday party. Or you can just munch on them while watching your favorite movie or holiday movie.
I like all of the options above, the last idea would be fantastic with a tall glass of milk – yummy. Now these pecan cookies are fantastic; they are soft, thick, and chewy – my favorite kind of cookie. Do you prefer soft-baked cookies? I hope so! 🙂
As with almost all of my cookie recipes, you will need to make sure you chill your cookie dough. If not, your cookies will run all over the place on the baking sheet – will be too thin. With chilling them in the refrigerator, the cookie dough is able to thicken and firm up – will have thicker cookies that do not run all over when baking.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated suar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar; mix in the egg until the wet batter is mixed together. Slowly mix in the flour 1/2 cup at a time; then fold in the salt, baking soda, cornstarch and whole pecans. Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 3 hours or overnight is best. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat; spoon the cookie dough (about 1 tablespoon) onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minute, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.