Delicious pizza muffin recipe that will blow you away. Can be used as an appetizer, snacks for anyone, or for dinner – so versatile!
For quite a little now, I have had this brilliant idea – well I think semi-brilliant, for pizza muffins. I have never had them before, but I knew that I would love them. Who doesn’t love a great muffin with cheese and pepperoni stuffed inside with marinara sauce? I do!
Both of those muffins are sweet and not savory at all. I knew that I didn’t want a sweet muffin because they are pizza muffins. A dessert/breakfast muffin loaded with sugar, pepperoni, and cheese – now.. that is definitely a new one!
I kind of wonder how that would taste, but I really don’t. Are you the same way? It’s like I do, but don’t. I know it probably tastes weird, but I might just have to try it at least once. That’s how my life goes, LOL.
All I can say is that you will love these pizza muffins! If you have any kiddos or a husband who hasn’t quite grown up yet (ahem!), they will definitely love them.
You can eat them plain or dunk them in a delicious marinara sauce.
You also do not have to take out your stand-up mixer, you will just need a mixing bowl and a plastic spatula to mix everything together. Delicious food and hardly no dishes – amazing!
For these amazing pizza muffins you will need buttermilk. You can use the homemade version – add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
The stars in this recipe are the italian seasonings – basil, oregano, and parsley, cheddar cheese, and pepperoni.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil canola, vegetable, etc.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 pepperonis cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in your buttermilk, oil, and eggs one at a time. Mix everything together.
- Slowly add in the flour, and all of your spices.
- Fold in your baking powder, shredded cheese, and pepperonis.
- Fill your muffin tin 3/4 of the way and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 10-11 minutes. Allow the muffins to completely cooling before removing from the muffin tin.