All of the flavorful flavors of pizza with customized toppings in a delicious dip form. Great game day appetizer – Pizza Dip.
I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Did you catch the Golden Globes last night? I watched about an hour of it and started to fall asleep,wasn’t feeling too great. Not sure why – I blame winter! LOL 🙂
We love easy foods that are delicious and easy to handle when watching the games. I have never been a huge football lover, but I sometimes like to enjoy a great game with great food. I really love the great food.
I love pizza a lot and really wanted to recreate it in a dip form. I will have say…it tastes just like pizza and oh, so good. A lot of cheese, we need a lot of cheese. Yum!
As always, it is super duper easy to make. You really just through the ingredients together and broil it for a little bit to get the cheese to melt.
You can also put on any toppings you feel like: mushrooms, onions, black olives, pineapple, sausage, and the list goes on. We are a pepperoni loving family here, so I just topped it with pepperoni.
In a large saucepan you add in the cream cheese, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and parsley and let the cream cheese melt while occasionally stirring. It took about 10 minutes or so.
After that you just top and top with shredded cheese – you can also use any kind of cheese you would like. I have been on a monterey jack cheese kick lately so that is what I used.
Top on the any toppings you like and broil until the cheese is all melted and gooey. Yum!
- 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese
- 1 and ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley you can use fresh if you would like
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano you can use fresh if you would like
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ teaspoons dried basil you can use fresh if you would like
- 1 cup shredded cheese any kind - we used monterey jack
- 12 pepperonis or more
- any additional toppings you want
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream cheese, tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Occasionally stir until the cream cheese has completely melted. You can now add in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese and pepperoni or any other toppings you would like to add.
- Broil on high until cheese is melted.
Serve with chips.