An amazing penne rosa recipe that is filled with flavor and so simple to put together! Dinner will be served under 30 minutes!
There are a couple of things that I really love – pasta and comfort food. Even though this is meatless, it’s still an ultimate comfort food recipe. My favorite.
Do you enjoy meatless meals every-now-and-then? I love to make them, but the hubby would disagree with me. It isn’t dinner if it doesn’t contain meat, so not true.
I know you all will love this penne rosa because it can feed an army, adults or kids, and it tastes amazing. With sautèing minced garlic in butter with a pinch of red pepper flakes really makes the dish, I think – and of course the mushrooms, spinach, and the marinara sauce. Can we say, “yum”?
This pasta dish is simple to make and doesn’t contain any strange ingredients. Most you will always have in your pantry.
If your family really wants to add some type of meat to this dish, you can add in a pound of shrimp or 1 large boneless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch chunks.
You will want to start with softening your minced garlic with just a little bit of butter with a pinch or two of red crushed pepper flakes.
You will then need to add in your mushrooms and allow them to cook on low-heat until the water starts to come out, about 5 minutes or so. Then add in the rest of the ingredients. It’s really an easy and delicious meal.
I would say it could be a budget/frugal meal as well. You all know how much I love those! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the butter, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large skillet and saute on low-to-medium heat until the garlic in softened.
- Prepare the penne pasta by following the directions on the package.
- Add in the mushrooms to the skillet with the garlic and allow them to simmer for 5-10 minutes with a lid on or until they start to release their moisture. Add in the fresh spinach, marinara sauce, tomato, greek yogurt, and pasta. Mix together. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Other recipes you might enjoy: