A delicious mushroom alfredo pasta bake that is ready under 30 minutes and a family favorite! You will not be disappointed!
After a long and sometimes a chaotic day, I dread making meals that take forever to make. Sometimes I do have the extra time to make a meal that requires more time to prep and cook/bake; however, we still love easy meals. I mean who doesn’t?
If you are in the work-field, I am almost positive you do not want to spend an hour to two hours prepare dinner for the family. If you are that kind of person, then this pasta bake is for you! It’s for anyone who is looking for a delicious, budget-friendly meal. No need to spend hours in the kitchen when you can be kicking back watching your favorite television show or reading your favorite book.
I am not a big TV watcher, but the hubby is. What are some of your favorite shows? The only shows I really look forward to are The Walking Dead, Nashville, and The Following. That’s it.
We absolutely love and I mean really LOVE easy meals, like this mushroom alfredo bake, that can be prepared in under 30 minutes or close to it. The longest part of the entire recipe is making the alfredo part, other than that – it’s smooth sailing.
The other part I really like about this recipe is there is no meat. A couple of times a week, we always have a meatless meal. It cuts the budget down by at lot. Now..the hubby isn’t a fan of this, but he loves seeing the money saved. 😉
If you really would love to add meat into these, I would recommend a cup of shredded chicken or one chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces. Either way, absolutely delicious. It’s one of our favorites.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 and ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hredded cheese, I used white cheddar
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the back of the box. In a small saute pan, add the mushrooms and ½ tablespoon of butter, sautee until the mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the rest of the butter until melted over medium-heat. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil, whisk in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Simmer over medium-heat until the mixture has thickened.
- Mix in the pasta with the sauce, add in the mushrooms; mix everything together. Pour everything into a 9x13 casserole dish, sprinkle the cheese on top and broil in the oven on high until the cheese has melted.
Other recipes you might enjoy: