Lightened-Up French Onion Potato Salad Recipe – Perfect side dish with any kind of meat! Incredibly easy to make and everyone will love it! This potato salad doesn’t have any mayo!
I am happy to say to say summer is right around the corner. Summer is always a great season for us because we love to grill out with family and have a great time. Having a fabulous conversation while you smell the delicious smells coming from the grill and laughing uncontrollably – that’s what summer is all about, my friend.
There is always a huge debate when grilling on which salad is perfect – potato salad, macaroni salad, or cole slaw. I love each and every one of those, but potato salad wins my heart every-single-time.
I’m not a huge fan of macaroni salad. I love cole slaw every-now-and-then, but I always love it on top of a pulled pork or chicken sandwich. Mmmm… my stomach is starting to growl with this food talk.
As we all know, potato salad usually comes with a lot of calories with the mayo. Today I am sharing a lightened-up version that still makes the salad creamy – greek yogurt. For the greek yogurt, I recommend non-flavored. I usually grab the vanilla flavored one and I may have made a mistake when I made the first batch. Yep, I add vanilla greek yogurt. Not sure those flavors do well together at ALL.
Please for my sake, add non-flavored greek yogurt. Your taste buds will love you more, I promise. Another different component of this potato salad is the french onion. Most people usually add onions to their potato salads, so they must go together, right? Oh, they do – really well!
Even my traditional-eating husband loved it! It’s really different and will sure to please everyone. You will be the talk of the gathering because of this potato salad.
- 2 and ½ pounds potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 package french onion dip mix
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice the potatoes into ¼ inch chunks, place in a pot with boiling water and allow them to simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Place the tender potatoes onto a baking sheet and allow them to cool.
- Once the potato have cooled, place the potatoes in a large bowl. Fold in the mustard, french onion dip mix, and greek yogurt until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: