Soft-baked, ultra-chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with spring colored chocolate chips and Oreo cookies!
A week or so ago I was browsing in the Easter section at Walmart – you know where all of the colorful treats and chocolate bunnies are, and I found these cute and color chocolate chips. They definitely needed a place in the cart. I didn’t have any idea of what I was going to do with them, but I knew I needed them.
Does that ever happen to you? It happens way too much here.
Let’s go of the cookie subject for one quick second. I promise it will be quick.
So tomorrow (I wrote this post last night) the hubby and I are helping my parents move. Having them two hours away in PA is going to be a little hard to get used to. I am so used to just showing up anytime and hanging out with them.
Don’t get me wrong. I am so happy for them and they are going to really enjoy the retired life out by the lake. I know I will still visit up there, but it isn’t quite the same. You know, right?
I think I should just munch on one of these cookies to help cope with my emotions. 🙂
Okay, that’s over and let’s gets back to these cookies. I know you will L-O-V-E these cookies because they are super-soft and oh, so chewy! They do not require too much chilling time because the dough is pretty thick.
I have always added cornstarch to cookies that I know I want soft and chewy because it always does the trick. I have never been disappointed before.
Another thing, if you do not have a stand-up mixer, you can definitely make these with a handheld one. I tried it with the handheld and it worked great. The cookie dough might get stuck to the beaters a little bit, but you can always mix away and then scrap out the cookie dough if that happens.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup spring colored chocolate chips
- 10 Oreo Cookies, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, light brown sugar, and white granulated sugar.
- Add in the room temperature egg and mix together. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour trying not to mix too fast.
- Fold in the salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Add in the chocolate chips and Oreos, fold everything together.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
- Before the cookie dough is finished chilling in the refrigerator, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
You can use regular chocolate chip if that's all you have on hand;however, I think the colored chocolate chips are cute!
You can use any kind or Oreo cookies that you have on hand, I used regular Oreos - not double stuffed.