A quick and delicious spicy ground beef and beans recipe served with rice that only requires basic ingredients. Ready under 30 minutes!
I can’t believe May has already ended. Happy June, folks! Summer is just right around the corner – yay! Do you have any big plans for the summer?
We do not have anything planned as of right now because we are just trying to get started on renovating our house. Needs a lot of TLC. That’s why we love quick, easy and delicious meals.
Like I always mention, I absolutely love meals that can be prepared under or right around 30 minutes during the weekdays. Sometimes its gets super hectic around here and I do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
I always love quick meals in the summer as well. Love that the house doesn’t really get heated up because the meal is quick. My favorite.
Does your family enjoy quick meals in the summer or anytime of the year? What are some of your favorite things to make?
I know you guys will love this because it is also very tasty as well. For people who love spicy foods, you definitely do not need to omit the crushed red pepper flakes.
If you are someone who doesn’t like or love spicy foods, you can always omit the crushed red pepper flakes.
You will need one pound of ground beef, 1 – 15 ounce can of black beans, 2 garlic cloves, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, rice, flour, salt and pepper. That’s it.
We love recipes where we already have everything in our pantry. For the rice we used brown rice because that is what we had on hand. You can always use white rice if that’s all you have.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 15 ounce can of black beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- serve with white or brown rice
- In a large skillet, combine your ground beef, minced garlic, Worcestershire, and soy sauce. Stir occasionally until the ground beef is fully cooked.
- In a medium pot, add in water and your rice. Follow the directions on the back of the package.
- Add in the beef stock and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in your black beans.
- Whisk in the flour and allow it to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and add in salt and pepper, to your liking.
- Serve on top of rice.