A delicious and healthier alternative to the classic potato soup. Contains tons of flavors. Roasted Cauliflower “Potato” Soup with Bacon.
With the beginning of the New Year I always want to try to incorporate healthier meals into our diet. I mean, don’t we all? So far I have been trying so many different healthier options to the classic potato soup and this one is a true winner.
I will have to say this is the longest I have stuck to any New Year’s resolutions. I saw somewhere on social media (I think Facebook) someone posted and this is where people start to break their resolutions. Nope not me. I want to try to stick with it for awhile – need to get my health back. 🙂
This delicious faux potato soup still has tons of fat (the healthier fats), but low on carbs. Hey…it has veggies too! 🙂
I love how easy it is and if you just have two people in your home, then it will make dinner, 2 lunches for the next day, AND dinner the next day. I love those types of meals because I only have to heat it up the other times.
If you don’t want to eat it that much, I am almost positive you can freeze it as well. Yum – that would be good.
If you are a family of four, then it will make dinner and lunches for adults the next day! Plenty of cauliflower “potato” soup to go around.
I didn’t even mention the best part of this soup – bacon! Mmmm…bacon. Everything tastes good with bacon, right?
- 2 heads of cauliflower if you use frozen two medium bags, washed and chopped
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 6 cups of water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream you can also use milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 pieces of bacon cooked crispy and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place chopped cauliflower on a large baking sheet and spray with cooking spray or drizzle on olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cauliflower cool for a couple of minutes.
- Place cauliflower into a food processor and process until it is finely chopped.
- In a large pot, combine the finely chopped cauliflower, cream cheese, chicken stock, water, heavy cream, dried spices, and 4 pieces of bacon.
- Cook on medium heat until the cream cheese is completely melted (you may have to use a whisk to mix the cream cheese).
- Serve with 1 piece of chopped bacon on top of each serving.