A super-moist chocolate oatmeal chocolate chip muffins done the skinny way. Contains all of the flavors of a regular muffin with less calories – no oil or butter. Skinny Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I cannot believe how cold it is outside today – wow! We woke up this morning to it being 5 degrees with a -5 degree windchill… that is downright cold in the DC area. Oh, we also woke up to our bathroom sink pipes being frozen. What a morning.
As I as writing this I am munching down on these skinny oatmeal chocolate muffins and letting our bathroom borrow our heater. I wish I was sitting by that right now… what can you do!
Hopefully I don’t eat the whole dozen because I am freaking out right now. This is our first time we have owned our home and never had anything like this happen. Clay thinks I worry too much…I just think I have my reasons! 🙂
I can’t believe this is my first skinny recipe I am sharing with you guys – don’t you feel special? You should. These babies are delicious. Did I mention they do not contain and oil or butter and are delicious and moist? Oh yeah!
I love how you don’t even need a mixer to mix these skinny deliciousness up. Save that for another time! They only require 18 minutes of baking. 😀
I think you guys will enjoy these because they will not make you cheat on your diet that you set for the new year. I think I will just go and grab another one!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup sour cream, I used fat-free - you can use which ever you have on hand
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup [old-fashioned oatmeal|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0005YX9HM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0005YX9HM&linkCode=as2&tag=savcoudea-20]
- ½ cup [chocolate chips|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C1MCHK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001C1MCHK&linkCode=as2&tag=savcoudea-20]
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar and honey. Mix together.
- Add in the egg and mix, then add in the sour cream and applesauce and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Mix in the all-purpose and whole wheat flour, then add in the salt, cocoa powder,baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold in the old-fashioned oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the muffin tins ¾ of the way and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn down the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 12 minutes.
This recipe parties at these great parties!