A delicious chewy cookie with an amazing salty – sweet flavor. Packed with tons of bacon and chocolate – yum! A very, very sinful cookie. Great cookies all-year round.
Welcome to day 8 of 10 Days of Cookies – Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!
When I last shared my chewy molasses cookies we did a recap of all of the wonderful cookies we have shared so far – check out these great cookies.
We have been having such strange weather lately. Not sure what is going on, but I am not liking it. Come on summer!! 🙂 Summer is definitely my favorite season.
What is your favorite season and why? I love warm, hot weather, however, my hubby loves winter. Yuck, just yuck.
Back to the cookies. 🙂 One night I started to just play around with different cookie ideas in my head and I thought of these bad boys. I did not know what they would taste like, I just hoped that they came out delicious.
I mentioned the idea to my wonderful hubby and he just thought I completely lost it and was nuts. Didn’t he ever hear about the fad with bacon and sugar. Come on!
Not only are these absolutely delicious, but like my other recipes they are easy to make. Requires no hard to find ingredients, just bacon and chocolate. Gimme me bacon! Speaking of bacon – my cat absolutely loves bacon. Might not be great for him, it just disappears. Wow. Never knew.
I will say you will want a lot of these cookies because they are filling. They were for me, might just be the bacon. mmm bacon.
Guess what?!?! The cookie dough does not require any type of chilling. Just plain ole melted butter!! Quick and easy. Just gotta cook the bacon until it gets crispy, I love crispy bacon.
Now we all know how much I love bacon, let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 and ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 7 pieces of bacon, cooked and crispy
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Melt the butter either in the microwave or on the stove.
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated white sugar using a stand or a hand-held mixer.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Fold in the cooked bacon and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.