Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole – Incredibly easy and tasty, the whole family will love it!
If anyone would ask what my favorite food in the morning is, I would whisper to them and say, “Casseroles!”. I would then go on and ask if you have tried any and if so could you please share the recipe. In other words, I love casseroles. I really love breakfast casseroles.
Not only are they incredibly easy to put together in the morning, but they can be tasty and filled with veggies. I will have to admit, this one isn’t filled with veggies, but you can serve some on the sides. Bring out the veggies for breakfast, love those little guys, too.
If you are looking for a recipe to serve a crowd or for a recipe to pick at for breakfast for the entire week, then this easy sausage breakfast casserole is calling your name. With both of us, we munched out on this casserole for the entire week, well last week. Happy Monday!
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage hot or mild
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 28 ounce package of frozen hash browns thawed
- Brown the ground breakfast sausage in a skillet. Once browned, reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil and dispose of the rest. Add the diced onions and peppers into the skillet with the reserved oil, saute over medium-heat until the onions and peppers are tender. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the browned sausage, onions and peppers and mix together. Stir in the shredded cheese and hash browns. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
Other recipes you might enjoy: