A delicious potato bacon egg breakfast casserole recipe that is a crowd-winner and can be prepared ahead of time! Freezer-friendly.
I love breakfast casseroles because they are quick to prepare and can be made in advance, if needed. It’s really great to make this at the end of the week to use up any ingredients that you might have leftover in your fridge.
Would be perfect to make on Sunday when you are relaxing and trying to use up the few ingredients before they go spoil. So far I have tried this with peppers, mushrooms, you name it.
Since I have tried this breakfast casserole many different ways, I decided I really love it with diced potatoes and bacon crumbled up in it. The flavor is amazing.
This breakfast casserole does serve 6; however, you can easily double that by adding adding fruit or even vegetables on the side. It would then serve 12.
If you are looking for something very similar to this breakfast casserole, then I think you would love these paleo breakfast muffins! They are kind of like a casserole, just muffin-style. You could even try this in muffin tins. I am not sure how many muffins it would make, though. Definitely something I should try.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk I used whole
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small Yukon potatoes finely diced
- 10 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. I used coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Add in the salt and pepper, then stir in the finely diced potatoes. Stir in half of the crumbled bacon and then add the rest of the crumbled bacon on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or even it the center is cooked thoroughly.
What are some of your favorite ways to use leftovers in the fridge?
Are you looking for additional breakfast ideas? Take a look at my Amazing Breakfasts Board on Pinterest!