An amazing candied sweet potato casserole recipe that is great for the holidays. We love it with our special twist!
Thanksgiving is not complete without turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, green beans, and a delicious candied sweet potato casserole. Now you can probably already tell what is going to be on our menu this year.
I am a huge fan of quinoa; however, the other family members aren’t. Their loss, right? Maybe I will make half of the cranberry orange quinoa salad just for myself and any others who might prefer a healthier option.
We also would need rolls, so these delicious pumpkin spice dinner rolls might make it on the table, too.
I think so! Either way… this candied sweet potato casserole is to die for – we love it! I always love adding pecans to it, it adds a little extra crunch and a great flavor, too.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes; peeled, diced and boiled in water until softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, or more if needed to completely cover the dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the softened sweet potatoes, dark brown sugar, milk, butter, and eggs with a handheld or a stand mixer on medium-speed. Spread the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, making sure it's even.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the dark brown sugar, flour, melted butter, bourbon, and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Spread over the top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake for 30 minute, add the marshmallows on top then bake for another 5-10 minute, or until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
Other recipes you might enjoy: