This really is the BEST green bean casserole recipe! No need for canned soups!
Ever since I have perfected my homemade version of condensed cream of chicken soup, I use it in everything. It tastes so much better than the store-bought version, plus we actually what’s in there. No nasty hidden ingredients in this recipe!
I am the person who will usually skip the green bean casserole being served at Thanksgiving or even during Christmas because it tastes so chemically. Not here, I promise.
Even my green bean casserole hating husband loved this. Now..that’s really saying something.
I really cannot believe Thanksgiving is almost here and before you know it…Christmas will be here, then New Year’s! Where has this year gone. I wish I knew. Have you had any snow yet this year?
We finally had to turn the heat on this morning because it is downright chilly outside and in the house. The worst part…snow is in the forecast for tonight here – noooooooooo! I do not like snow at all. I am alway joking with my hubby saying we need to move further south – hello.. Florida. A girl can only dream! 🙂
Are you a fan of winter and snow?
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 batch of homemade cream of chicken condensed soup
- 3 medium-sized garlic cloves minced
- 5 slices of uncooked bacon cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 1 cup of french fried onions
- In a large saute pan, add in the homemade cream of chicken condensed soup, the minced garlic, and the cut bacon; cook on medium-heat for 15 minutes. Mix in the green beans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x9 baking dish, place the french fried onions on top and bake for 30 minutes.
Other recipes you might enjoy: