The easiest loaded mashed potato recipe ever! They are life-changing and packed with tons of flavor!
The other day I was thinking about what kinds of recipes you can put in your slow cooker – I noticed I have never made mashed potatoes before in my slow cooker. That definitely had to change and it had to change really quick.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it would be perfect. During Thanksgiving it can get a little hectic, especially thinking about what dish is cooking, at what time, and will I have enough space on my stove-top.
No need to worry about that when making these delicious loaded mashed potatoes! The only prep-work you will have to worry about is dicing the potatoes, or peeling them if you are not a fan of the peels. I love either way!
Even though these would be perfect for Thanksgiving, they are perfect anytime of the year. Perfect for a delicious weeknight or weekend side dish.
After trying mashed potatoes in my slow cooker, I do not think I will go back to the other way. These are so easy to make and we all loved them. I think your family will, too!
I will have to mention, well..according to my hubby, they are fantastic on top of a hot dog. Not sure how I feel about that. I like mashed potatoes and hot dogs, but not together. Feel free to try it and let me know how it is.
- 2 pounds of potatoes diced (peeled, optional)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheese I used a block of colby and monterey jack
- 7 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Place your diced potatoes in a slow cooker/crock-pot (2-quarts is fine). Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- When the potatoes are soft, mash the potatoes using a handheld masher or a handheld mixer on medium-speed. Stir in the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with your favorite dish.
Other recipes you might enjoy: