An incredible buffalo chicken pasta recipe – perfect for the games! Also is perfect anytime of the year!
I cannot believe the big game is almost here in a week, give or take a few days! Have you started to plan out your menu if you are hosting a party?
We were invited to one and I always bring things with me because I love to cook; however, I am still trying to figure out what I want to bring. I have been thinking about these healthy buffalo cauliflower bites because they are really popular. Not only are they delicious, but they are a little bit healthier.
We all know everyone is trying to eat healthier in January. With the game in February, I am pretty sure we can make a couple of exceptions for a delicious pasta recipe. This buffalo chicken pasta recipe would be fantastic to make because it feeds a lot and it contains the game day sauce – buffalo.
Whenever I think of the big game or even just regular games, buffalo foods always come to my mind. It wouldn’t be football without buffalo wings, buffalo pasta, or buffalo anything! What do you think?
I will have to tell you, this buffalo chicken pasta is incredibly easy to make! You will need to already have your chicken breasts cooked – I like to cook them on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours. It makes it really easy to shred. You can also bake the chicken for 45 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can make the sauce and the pasta. The sauce is almost identical to making a buffalo dip.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box of pasta of your choice
- red pepper flakes, garnish
- In a large pan, add in the cream cheese, hot sauce, and chicken stock. Simmer over medium-heat until the cream cheese has melted.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the back of the package.
- Whisk in paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper into the sauce. Add in the shredded chicken.
- Mix in the pasta slowly until the sauce has completely coated the pasta.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes.
Other recipes you might enjoy: