A versatile healthier balsamic vinaigrette recipe that can be whipped up in no time! So much better than store-bought dressings!
I love having a big side salad on the side of my meals. It is always refreshing and feels so light; however, I am not a huge fan of store-bought dressings. Sure they are really easy to just open up and pour onto your favorite salad, but they are easy to make at home, as well.
Once you go homemade, you can forget those store-bought ones. They will never taste the same, the store-bought dressings always taste too sweet for my taste. Another reason why I love making mine at home because you can alter it to your taste.
I can guarantee you that you will find all of the ingredients already in your pantry or refrigerator. If you are used to making sauces and dishes from scratch, I am pretty sure you will have balsamic vinegar in your refrigerator.
I will have to tell you, it is best to whisk all of the ingredients together and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for an hour. It allows the flavors to mingle together and the dressing is very flavorful. Have no time to wait? That’s okay, as well, it will still taste delicious.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey may use more if you prefer your dressings sweeter
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the dijon mustard, olive oil, greek yogurt, and honey. Pour into a container you can store in the refrigerator.
- You may use the dressing right away with your favorite salad; however, it's best to store in the refrigerator for at least one hour prior to using.
Other recipes you might enjoy: