Andes Mint Cookies – Soft-baked and chewy! The perfect cookies for Christmas and perfect for gifting cookies in a jar for the holidays!
Growing up as a little girl, I never liked anything minty including mint chocolate chip ice cream. Gasp! I couldn’t stand it, and I tried to stay very far away from it. It’s amazing how your taste buds for certain foods changes as your get older. So many things were great, including these Andes Mint cookies.
You are in for a treat today if you are a mint fanatic, like my husband or how I am starting to be. These mint cookies are soft-baked, chewy, and loaded with chopped Andes mints. And I thought you wouldn’t be able to guess the ingredient they are loaded with. 😉
When I was making the cookie dough the other day, I decided to use pre-chopped Andes mints, as in their baking bits. It made it so much easier and then I chopped a few whole Andes mints and added them to the tops of each cookie. It make my life so much easier and yours too!
If you haven’t ever used a cookie scoop before, you are going to be in heaven! It makes it so much easier to scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. The only downside to using a cookie scoop is not having cookie dough on your fingers. I love licking cookie dough off my fingers!
- 12 tablespoons (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- 5 Andes Cream De Menthe Thins, chopped into chunks
- Cream together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until lightly and fluffy with a handheld or a stand mixer.
- Add in the egg and cream everything together.
- Slow mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until the cookie dough has formed.
- Fold in the Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator at for least 3 hours or up to 72 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Scoop 1.5-2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.