M&M’s Cookies – Soft-baked and chewy bakery cookies at home! So easy to make and perfect for parties or any festivities! Everyone loves cookie recipes, especially colorful ones!
There is something about soft-baked and colorful cookies, especially ones loaded with M&M’s. They always seem to bring out the inner child in me. Does this happen to you too?
The past couple of weeks, we have been swimming in cookies – testing, testing, and more testing. I keep telling myself; it’s okay to have cookies for breakfast. It happens sometimes. More like the past two weeks. At least, January is right around there. Hello, skinny recipes! I am looking forward to them, surprisingly.
If minty cookies aren’t your thing for the holidays, then these are the perfect cookies for you. I do however love Andes mint cookies and mint chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm… You may also enjoy these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, so good.
There are a couple of tips I would like to share with you on making this m&m’s cookies recipe. You will want to ensure you have a medium cookie scoop on hand. It’s perfect for cookies because it’s mess-free and it measures out the perfect amount of cookie dough, approximately 1.5 – 2 tablespoons in each scoop.
You will also want to make sure you have a non-sticking baking mat or parchment paper. I highly recommend the non-stick baking mat because it’s easy to take care of, less waste, and the cookies seem to grip the mat very well when baking. I think they create the best cookies.
New to cookie baking and soft-baked and chewy cookies aren’t your thing? Want thin and crispy cookies, or would
you prefer your cookies another way? I highly recommend Tessa’s eCookbook on achieving the perfect cookie for you. It’s an excellent book and my cookie bible!
- 12 tablespoons (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M's
- Cream together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until lightly and fluffy with a handheld or a stand mixer.
- Add in the egg and cream everything together.
- Slow mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until the cookie dough has formed.
- Fold in the M&M's.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator at for least 3 hours or up to 72 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Scoop 1.5-2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
** Place extra M&M's on top of the cookies have they come out of the oven for prettier cookies.