Mouthwatering bloomin’ baked apples recipe that is really easy to make. They will become your new Fall staple! We love them.
Since Halloween is now gone by, my mind is really in fully-deep into the Fall mood – crafts, recipes, Thanksgiving. Somehow it seems like I am eating so many apples right now and I cannot get enough of them.
What are some types of foods you start to really enjoy after Halloween has passed? For me it’s definitely apples, I am a little tired of pumpkin right now.
The other week, I was starting to think about dessert I would be able to serve for Thanksgiving and I thought these slow cooker bloomin’ apples would be perfect. It would be perfect for a small crowd of people, definitely not for 30+ people, LOL. You will be working on the apples the entire day, not my thing.
Definitely my thing when it’s only a couple of people, or for a delicious Fall dessert for two. This is usually the type of dessert I would serve on date night. We try to have date night every Friday, which means either ordering out, going-out, or making a delicious meal at home together. We then love to eat the meal during a funny or a romantic movie.
Any great movies you have seen lately? We are always looking for new ones!
- Prepare the apples by slicing of 1/8 of an inch of the top. You will then need to scoop out the core, should be a small-round circle when finished. With a thin sharp knife, you will want to make two deep circular cuts around the core.
- You will then need to put the apple top down, button up, and make narrow cuts going downward starting from the top to the bottom, do this until you have went around the entire apple.
- Place the apples in your slow cooker and place 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of caramel sauce in the middle of the apples.
- Mix together the filling by whisking together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour together. Spread on top of the apples. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- When done, lift the apples out of the slow cooker and top with a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce. (optional)