*This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
If you don’t already know this about me, well… I love pumpkin – pumpkin everything. I really love these pumpkin cupcakes with a passion!
When summer started to wind down, I was craving everything pumpkin. I was craving it so much that I hadn’t picked up anything pumpkiny (that’s my word, not an actual word) in awhile. Just the other day I wanted something pumpkiny in my mouth and that is when these were born!
They are super simple and easy to make. If you haven’t made my pumpkin spice mix yet, then you will have to do that before you make these. It’s okay I will wait for you, that is quick as well. 🙂
As we are waiting for you to make the pumpkin spice mix I can talk about those cute little pumpkin cupcake liners. I was at Michaels before Halloween and saw those – not on clearance (boo), but a great price and they are absolutely adorable.
Okay, now that you have made the spice mix, let’s continue.
All you have to do is let the butter soften to room temperature, cream the sugar and butter, add in the vanilla and egg, incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Bake, frost, and enjoy. Simple, right? I love simple things that do not take too much time to make.
Simple is always better. Absolutely. 🙂
You can also sprinkle on pumpkin pie spice on top of the frosting or just enjoy it without. Each is great, but I do have a little secret. The one with the spice mix on is just a tad bit better, by the way! 🙂
See, looks great as well. I will also have to same the butter cream frosting is so easy and delicious as well. Nothing is hard my friend, nothing. Just pure simple and yummy cupcakes.
I know you are itching for the recipe, so here we go!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk I used whole milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons [pumpkin spice mix|https://www.galonamission.com/pumpkin-spice-mix/]
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 4 and 1/2 cups confectioners sugar powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Using an electric or a handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- While the butter and sugar are mixing on low, add in the vanilla extract, egg, milk, and pumpkin puree.
- While the wet ingredients are mixing on low, combine the flour, pumpkin spicemix, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the cupcake batter into the liners 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20-21 minutes. Once the cupcakes are baked allow them to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting by creaming the butter with your mixer on the medium speed setting for 2-3 minutes. You want fluffy frosting.
- Add in the confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract after all of the confectioners should has been added.
- Frost the cupcakes using a pastry bag and garnish with extra pumpkin spice mix.
Will last in the refrigerator up to one week.
Here are some treats I think you will love!
What are some of your favorite pumpkin treats?