Who else starts to crave carbs and cheese at the end-of-summer? Oh, I do, and I am going through this phase right now. Not complaining one bit, especially with it being football time! I think I may look forward to the food more than the games. And this pepperoni pizza quick bread fits the bill!
It’s quick compared to other bread recipes. This one doesn’t use yeast, so it doesn’t have to rise. You can have delicious, flavorful pizza bread in one hour. No need to allow the bread to completely cool, just grab the marinara sauce!
Not sure about which marinara sauce to grab? I highly recommend Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara Sauce. It’s seriously the best marinara ever. No weird ingredients, real food. The marinara sauce is made from 100% hand-selected plum tomatoes. No added sugar. No added tomato paste.
Now let’s get to the good part! #FallForFlavor
Looking for a delicious dip, as well? Try out tasty pizza dip!
For this quick bread, you will want to make sure you have a 9×5 loaf pan handy.
Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread – Moist and flavored with cheddar cheese and mini pepperonis! Don’t forget the marinara sauce!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni + few extra for topping
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese for topping
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning for topping
- Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, vegetable oil, egg, and granulated sugar; whisk together. Fold in the cheddar cheese and mini pepperonis.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and a few extra mini pepperonis.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from loaf pan. Slice and serve with marinara sauce.
*Recipe adapted from Love Bakes Good Cakes Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread.
Nutrition estimated is based upon the brands I used. Yours may vary depending on brands.