There are certain kinds of foods that make you a little nostalgic. For me, I do not have a particular dish that makes me nostalgic. Growing up, we ate a lot of processed items and hardly anything from scratch, nor anything that remotely included olives.
However, olives do hit a soft part of my childhood. I always remembered how much I loved when my daddy taught me how to add whole olives to the ends of my fingers. It’s so simple, but every time I see olives, I always remember the day my daddy taught me that neat little trick. It’s a treasured memory that will always be with me.
Do you have any dishes that make you nostalgic?
So today I thought it would be perfect to share an incredibly easy crostini appetizer recipe with you. For the mixed olives, I like to use a high-quality brand, Mezzetta to be exact. For the mixed olives, I used three different kinds – artisan, which aren’t pitted, jalapeno stuffed, and garlic stuffed. The garlic compliment all of the flavors of each olive and the jalapeno added a touch of spice. Feel free to use any variety of olives from Mezzetta. Inspiration is just a twist away!
Let’s chat a little bit about Mezzetta. Did you know they are a family owned business since 1935, the fourth generation has now taken over the operations? I love family owned business! They source the finest and freshest produce from the soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece.
The next part of the crostini is whipped feta. It’s slightly tangy to help balance out the saltiness of olives, and then I finished it off with fresh basil and arugula. It’s the perfect appetizer to bring to all of your parties!
You will surely wow your guests with this mixed olive and whipped feta crostinis! Lucky for you, Mezzetta is hosting a fantastic giveaway right in time for the holidays.
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus an Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
- 1 French Baguette, sliced
- Mezzetta Artisan Olives
- Mezzetta Jalapeno Stuffed Olives
- Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- fresh basil
- Place the sliced baguette onto a large baking sheet, broil on high until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Dice the olive and place them into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and feta cheese on medium speed in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place whipped feta on top of the baguette slices, then add a tablespoon of diced olives, then top with fresh basil and./or arugula.