Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes – So easy to make, baked in one dish, and bursting with lemony flavor! Roasted and baked in the oven to perfection. A winner every time and so healthy!
Just a week and a half away from Memorial Day. Can you believe that? I surely cannot! Do you usually go to barbecues and potlucks? If so, you have to try my to-die-for BLT macaroni salad. Everyone loves it and it goes by so quick.
Just like that I already got off track, so let’s chitchat about this baked rosemary chicken with lemon and potatoes. You cannot get an easier dish than this, my friends. It’s baked all in one dish and takes no time to bake.
It’s so versatile meaning you can use any kind of chicken and potatoes you have on hand. It’s one of those meals where I like to make if I need to clean out the refrigerator. We always end up with a few chicken breasts and a couple of potatoes that need to be used as soon as possible.
If you love lemon dishes, I recommend trying our tilapia and crockpot lemon garlic mashed potatoes (so good!) or our crispy skillet chicken thighs with lemon garlic orzo (so easy!). Our one-pan baked lemon chicken and vegetables is another hit around here!
As you can see, we love using fresh lemons in all kinds of dishes! It always makes the flavors stand out.
This week I really need easy meals like this because it’s going to be a busy weekend insanely busy next week. This weekend we are taking a small road trip to Charlotte, NC for the Sprint All-Star Race. Have I mentioned my husband and my in-laws are huge fans? They sure are! It will be fun because I will get the chance to roam the city for a little bit on Friday. Can’t wait!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 7-8 lemon slices
- fresh thyme, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the chicken, red potatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in the baking dish, add lemon slices, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken juices are clear when the thickest part is cut.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.