One-Pan Baked Lemon Chicken w/ Vegetables – An easy and healthy weeknight meal! If you are a fan of one-pot meals, you will love this.
Some nights I need to have a quick and easy options for dinner. Or I resort to take-out, like Chinese or pizza from the local pizzeria. I’m sure I’m not the only one, especially when you have littles running around begging you, “When’s dinner?” I suspect that was me as a child, too.
This past year I have fallen in love with one-pan and one-dish meals. How can you not? They are simple where you add everything to one pan or pot and bake it for a certain amount of time. Hardly any no prep-time is needed for these types of meals.
During the summer when the vegetables are thriving in the garden, we have one-pot summer vegetable pasta quite a few times a month. Or even 15-minute one-pot taco pasta, it’s unreal how quickly this dinner comes together!
Now this one-pan baked lemon chicken with vegetables is a delicious and healthy meal. It’s not loaded with weird ingredients, just wholesome vegetables and meat. I am a carb-loving gal, but sometimes just delicious meat and vegetables is all I want.
Another I absolutely love about this one-pan meal, you can add any kind of vegetables you may have on hand. You can use fresh or frozen vegetables, as well. I used frozen broccoli and green beans. I always pick up a big bag at our local warehouse store, BJ’s.
For the baking sheet, I highly recommend a medium-to-large one, like this half-sheet pan. I use mine for anything and everything. Definitely a kitchen gadget worth investing in.
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon salt + extra for vegetables
- ½ teaspoon pepper + extra for vegetables
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a half-sheet baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or cover with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Juice half a lemon over the chicken breasts. Slice the other lemon into slices.
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, basil, and thyme in a small bowl. Coat the chicken breasts with the spice blend.
- Add the vegetables to the half-sheet baking pan and coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken breasts are done and the vegetables are tender.