Italian Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) – A delicious and healthy meal made with spiralized zucchini noodles, bell peppers, fresh spices, shrimp, and tossed with a thick and hearty pasta sauce! Super easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
There is one thing I always look forward to during the summer are zoodles. Zucchini is relatively inexpensive when in season and so full of flavor. Adding zoodles, which are spiralized zucchini, to any sauce is one of our favorite meals and can be healthy!
For this type of dish I wanted to use a sauce that is easy, tastes great, and a little bit thicker than a traditional pasta sauce. If you haven’t noticed before, there is a lot of moisture and zucchini, and if the sauce is too thin, it will become very watery very quickly. Which doesn’t taste so great. So that’s one of the reasons why I wanted to try Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce. It hugs the zoodles and shrimp perfectly.
While during a little research on the sauce I found how it doesn’t use artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn syrup which is always a win in my book!
For the flavors in this dish, I used fresh thyme, dried oregano, minced garlic, and the Rag Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce. Not too complicated and perfect for a quick weeknight meal on a busy night.
Visit the campaign landing page to learn more about the new line of Ragu Homestyle sauces and find a taste of home.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onions, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound zucchini noodles*
- ¼ peeled and deveined shrimp
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet or pan, add the red and yellow bell peppers, and onions and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, and the pasta sauce and mix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the zucchini noodles and shrimp and saute for another 5-10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.