6-Ingredient Gouda Bacon Ranch Dip Recipe – So easy to make with hardly any ingredients and takes only 5-minutes! Made with cream cheese and ultra creamy plain Greek yogurt. Perfect appetizer for parties or snacking! It’s my favorite dip over buffalo chicken dip!
It’s so hard to watch a game, any game, without and snacks or dips. Wouldn’t you have to agree? It’s something about cheering on your favorite team and ending it with a creamy burst of flavors and a crunch from the chip. Maybe it’s great me!
Go blue! Hopefully, you get the hint of which team I am talking about! 😉
This year my hubby’s team is in the big game, and I am already starting to brainstorm finger-food options, like this insanely easy and delicious gouda bacon ranch dip. I may also be serving this slow cooker spicy corn dip, Italian stuffed mushrooms with sausage, buffalo chicken french bread, buffalo cauliflower bites.
Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, all it takes is 5-minutes to whip up this dip.
For the cheese in the dip, I decided on using smoked gouda. Why? The real question is why not? We all like cheddar cheese, but I LOVE the taste of smoked gouda. It’s so creamy, and I love the smoky flavor on the cheese. Not a fan of gouda? Use any kind hard cheese you would like.
If you are serving this at a party, I would recommend serving it in my all-time favorite bowls, like the one in the picture. If you read the blog already, you will know I use and LOVE these mixing bowls for anything. Perfect for serving the chips in, too!
For the base of the dip, I used cream cheese and plain greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt adds an extra layer of creaminess to the cream cheese. Which also makes it irresistible. I do not recommend using fat-free cream cheese because it adds a strange flavor to the base of the dip.
I initially served this dip with tortilla chips, but I recommend using a thicker kind of chip or cracker. Carrot sticks would be so good, as well. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ranch dip seasoning
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 6 scallions finely diced + extra for garnish
- 8 pieces of thick-cut bacon, cooked and diced
- Place cream cheese and greek yogurt into a medium mixing bowl and cream together until creamy.
- Fold in the ranch dip seasoning, smoked gouda cheese, scallions, and 4 pieces of bacon. Combine until mixed.
- Serve in a small bowl and garnish with scallions and the 4 pieces of bacon.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetable sticks.