A loaded potato casserole recipe that tastes phenomenal and it’s so easy to put together! Everyone will be coming back for seconds!
I cannot believe how quickly July has gone. Wait…I can’t believe how quickly this summer has gone by! Before you know it, fall will be here.
I am not a huge fan of fall besides having pumpkin and caramel in just about everything. Those are the only two that I truly look forward to in fall. After that, I look forward to the spring when the flowers start to blossom and the temperatures start rising.
Have you had a great summer so far? I would love to hear about it! 🙂
Let’s get back to the subject of this amazing loaded potato casserole, shall we? I know you all will just love this because it didn’t last very long in our house – gone in a couple of days.
When I was making it, I thought I would be able to freezer half of it because we are just two people. Scratch off that idea. The hubby said he could of eaten the entire pan. He almost did!
I had some of it as well and let me tell you, I will be making this again. It’s a fantastic side dish or it really could be eaten for breakfast as well. It’s loaded with potato slices, cheese, bacon pieces and an awesome custard (eggs and milk).
For this dish, you can make it in a 9×13 casserole dish or in two 9×9 baking dishes.
- 6 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼" slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- fresh or dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter two 9-inch pie pans. Set aside.
- Layer half of the potato slices in the dish, overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the potatoes and add the crumbled bacon pieces. Add the other half of the potato slices on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and eggs. Pour half of the mixture over top of the potatoes.
- Remove the steps above for the second 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top (optional).
- Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes, or until the custard, eggs and milk, are cooked and set. Allow the dish to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Create your own Chicken, Broccoli and Pasta Skillet Casserole using the recommended equipment:
- Pyrex Glass 9-Inch Pie Plate
- OXO Mandoline Slicer
- Cuisinart Boxed Grater
- Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
Other recipes you might enjoy: