A mouthwatering lemon basil chicken pasta recipe that is quick and delicious meal. Ready in 30 minutes!
In our home, the hubby and I cannot get enough of pasta and chicken. He’s the chicken guy and every other meat you can think of guy. I can sometimes go without the meat and just enjoy the pasta.
Especially if the pasta is a delicious sauce that is out-of-this-world crazy delicious. The sauce reminds me of a shrimp scampi sauce because it made almost the same way and I just added fresh basil.
The chicken tastes amazing in the buttery sauce which contains juice from one lemon and just enough basil to make all of the flavors explode and come together nicely.
I haven’t tried this recipe with zucchini noodles or any other kind of vegetable noodle, but I bet it tastes amazing. A couple of months ago, we purchased a gadget where you can make noodles from any kind of vegetable and let me tell you something – it’s amazing!
I have only used it once and it was week last. I cannot wait to make more healthier noodles! I’m excited about this gadget, can’t you tell? If you do not already have one, please, please purchase one. It rocks.
- 1 large chicken breast, diced into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of crushed red peppers, optional
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 16 ounces pasta noodles
- Cook the diced chicken on medium-heat until the chicken is fully cooked. About 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the minced garlic, oil, and butter in another pan and cook over low-to-medium heat. You do not want to burn the garlic. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the garlic.
- Cook your pasta noodles according to the directions on the back of the package. Drain the noodles once they are fully cooked.
- Once the garlic is brown, add in lemon juice, the cooked chicken, and the pasta. Add in salt and pepper to taste and the crushed red peppers. Stir in the fresh basil and serve.