BLT Macaroni Salad – A twist on your traditional summer macaroni salad! A favorite at potlucks and BBQ’S!
For most, we are welcoming summer. Schools are starting to let out, unless you home school, and everyone is busy with vacations, friends, and family. When you aren’t busy visiting the nearest water park or beach, you might get a chance to attend a summer potluck with friends and family or enjoying a relaxing picnic with your significant other.
Whatever the occasions may bring, summer gatherings are always a favorite. Not only are you enjoying each others company, you are also enjoying delicious food – sides, barbecued food and hopefully a cocktail or mocktail.
Instead of bringing the dreadful, boring macaroni salad without other vibrant, savory ingredients – try bringing this BLT macaroni salad. Let’s wow your friends and family and allow them to think you are the best cook ever. I will forever love you, and I am sure others will, too. It’s that darn good.
Every bite has a little something different – bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce. Feel free to pick your juicy, red tomatoes straight off the vine for this side dish. Homegrown tomatoes have and will always be a favorite among others. In this dish, you will notice roma tomatoes bring the perfect flavor. If you do not have any romas, then cherry tomatoes are perfect!
Feel free to add fresh basil as a vibrant and tasty garnish! I highly recommend using these types of serving servings fo BBQs and potlucks! They are so much fun!
- 1 pound of macaroni pasta noodles, cooked and cooled
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes or 4-5 roma tomatoes, deseeded and chopped into ¼" bites
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- garnish with lettuce, chopped
- Add the pasta into a large mixing bowl. Mix in the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder. Mix together until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Fold in the chopped tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
- Place the macaroni salad in a serving dish, garnish with chopped lettuce.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes You May Enjoy: