Tomato and Basil Crostini with Whipped Feta – Crunchy crostini with zesty, tangy, creamy whipped feta, then topped with diced tomatoes and garnished with fresh basil.
With the weekend almost here (woohoo) I have a delicious treat for you today! Not only is the appetizer superb, but I have a great tasting wine to pair it with.
Do you have any siblings? Are you the youngest, the middle, or the oldest? For me, I have two biological brothers and two step brothers. As the only girl, my childhood was very interesting. Let’s just keep it at that! With me being the youngest and the only girl, I always tried to keep the boys on their toes and gain attention. Sometimes that may have included getting them in trouble and putting the blame entirely on them. Of course the youngest is always right and doesn’t do anything mischievous. HA.
That’s all a young girl wants; attention. Poor boys.
Have you ever heard of Middle Sister Wines? Not only is the wine lovely, but the wine bottles will crack you up. Each variety has a different quirky character who each claim their own personality! Middle Sisters Wine is crafted by award-winning Nancy Walker (a middle sister herself), the portfolio includes a wide variety of delicious red, white and sparkling wines from Argentina and California.
• Cabernet Sauvignon – The mischief maker
• Malbec – The wild one
• Pinor Noir – Goodie two shoes
• Pinot Grigio – Drama queen
• Red Blend – Rebel red
• Moscato – Sweet & sassy
Middle Sister just received a brand makeover and now features “Drops of Wisdom” which are a dose of inspiration right on the front label. Check out the fabulous new look!
Which variety describes your personality? Cabernet sauvignon and pinot grigio perfectly describe me tee. Not too much as an adult, but when I was a young girl. I was always on a mission to get my brothers in trouble and then had to steal the attention from them – mischief maker and drama queen.
For these tomato and basil crostini with whipped feta the pinot grigio pairs perfectly! The tomatoes and feta cheese are the stars in this dish. A light-to-medium bodied wine is perfect and doesn’t take over the dish. Treat your sister or mother to a great picnic or summer gathering this summer with delectable appetizers, including this crostini.
These tomato and basil crostini with whipped feta are incredibly easy to make. I started with preparing the whipped feta first. To achieve the perfect whipped texture, you will want to make sure the cream cheese and feta are at room temperature. Once it’s whipped, I like to place it back into the feta cheese container and allow it to be kept at room temperature. Spreads perfectly.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces feta cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 french bread loaf, sliced into ½" thick pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, de-seeded and diced into bite-sized pieces
- fresh basil, sliced
- Beat together the cream cheese and feta cheese in a mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Set aside.
- Heat oven to broil on high. Place the sliced french bread onto a baking sheet. Broil until crunchy and lightly browned.
- Spread whipped feta on top of the bread, add diced tomatoes, and then top with basil.
- Serve with a light, bodied white wine - pinot grigio is perfect
Other Crostini Recipes You May Enjoy:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.