Simple Caprese Zucchini Summer “Pasta” Salad – This Caprese pasta salad couldn’t be any easier! The perfect summer salad and great as an appetizer or a side salad. Take it to your next potluck or BBQ and wow your guests! Low carb and keto-friendly!
I’m for lighter and healthier meals and salads during the summer. The last thing I would like to do on a HOT summer day is baking a dish or even have the stove top running. No, thank you! That’s why this summer “pasta” salad is perfect when you need a dish that doesn’t need to be heated or even warmed.
The reasoning behind adding quotes to this simple “pasta” salad is because it’s not exactly pasta, but in a way it is. I always think of zucchini noodles (zoodles) as pasta when they are spiralized. The same concept is in my Italian shrimp and zucchini noodles (so yummy).
If you haven’t tried zucchini noodles, please do! It’s easy, and I highly recommend this spiralizer. I have one that is okay, well, honestly, it’s terrible. This one is on my wishlist to purchase soon. They don’t contain the carb factor, but they can do everything pasta noodles can! It’s perfect if you are trying to eat a little healthier or even trying to keep up with a low carb or keto diet.
Zucchini noodles are great because they don’t contain the carb factor, but they can do everything pasta noodles can! It’s perfect if you are trying to eat a little healthier or even trying to keep up with a low carb or keto diet.
It’s a light summer dish everyone will love! It only requires a few ingredients and doesn’t contain any strange or hard-to-find ones. If you have any trouble finding mozzarella pearls, then use any mozzarella you have on hand. No biggie!
I haven’t brought this to a potluck or even a BBQ yet, but I’m sure it will be a hit. Just last weekend my mom served something similar. She didn’t have the zucchini noodles or balsamic vinegar; she used a balsamic vinaigrette. And it was a hit at my nephew’s birthday party.
- 2 pounds zucchini, washed and dried and spiralized
- 10.5 ounces cherry tomatoes, diced in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3.4 ounces fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the spiralized zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and basil in a medium-to-large serving bowl and mix until combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to mend for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold.