Lemon Garlic Scallops with Black Truffle Sea Salt are seared to perfection! These are the easiest and tastiest scallops you will ever make. Make restaurant-quality scallops in your own kitchen!
LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS WITH BLACK TRUFFLE SEA SALT
PIN IT TO YOUR SEAFOOD BOARD ON PINTEREST TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Happy Monday before Thanksgiving, friends! I can’t believe I just said that. Seriously, where has the time gone. I somehow cannot figure it out. Enough with that! Let’s get to the good stuff, like these Lemon Garlic Scallops with Black Truffle Sea Salt. Say what? They are the best and so flavorful with the help of a few ingredients!
Before we continue, I’m going to make a confession. I haven’t always loved scallops or loved cooking them because well, they are scary at first. We’ll elaborate on the cooking scary. You have to pay attention while you are searing your scallops because they only NEED 1-2 minutes per side. I’m a busy cook and always multitasking, so it’s hard for me to pay that much attention to something at once time. So to avoid that, you must have your side dishes and everything else you are serving the scallops with already done and setting aside. It won’t get cold because like I said, they only need 1-2 minutes per side. As long as you pay attention to your scallops, it’s not as scary at most people make it be.
The two ingredients that make these scallops shine are Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Black Truffle Sea Salt. I’m sure you were able to guess the second part, hence the title! If you do not have black truffle sea salt, it’s okay, and you can still make this. Although, I highly recommend having it because it takes a boring dish to a gourmet, show-stopping dish in a matter of seconds. It’s the best stuff ever, and I loved working with it in these scallops.
My shopping experience on Dean & DeLuca was a breeze. Everything was laid out into the perfect categories (no guessing game here!). I also loved each product had a description. It makes it super easy to find just what I was looking for. Remember to use your FSFALLTABLE code for order over $75 for free shipping!
I purchased my garlic infused olive oil and the black truffle sea salt at Dean & DeLuca. It’s the perfect one-stop shop for all of your gourmet cooking and entertaining needs this winter. They have just about everything you can imagine. I was in foodie heaven! Take a peek; you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 pound natural scallops, washed and patted dry
- black truffle sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- juice of half of a lemon
- lemon zest from a whole lemon
- parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Once the scallops are patted dry, season each side with black truffle sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil and one tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet and allow the skillet to warm up over medium heat.
- Working in batches, place the scallops into the pan and sear each side for 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and continuing to work in batches until all of the scallops have been seared.
- Add the butter, stock, lemon juice and lemon zest to the skillet and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the scallops back into the skillet, pour the sauce over top of the scallops, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve warm.