An easy 30-minute healthier beef stroganoff recipe. Comfort food at its finest!
Lately, I have been craving all kinds of comfort food – from beefaroni to this amazing healthier beef stroganoff. I just cannot get enough.
As a child, did you grew up with stroganoff? I didn’t, but as an adult – this stuff is amazing. It is definitely comfort food at its finest. It’s not like a casserole, but similar – just a little fancier. I like to think.
Since I have been making stroganoff so much, I thought I should try it make a healthier version. Normally, I do not think beef stroganoff isn’t that bad for you, but I thought I could improve it just a little bit.
If you want to make it even healthier, you can omit the egg noodles and use zucchini noodles or something similar. A couple of months ago, I purchased a neat little gadget for making zucchini noodles and I cannot wait to try it. I might of forgotten about it.
Thinking about this and the zucchini noodle gadget is making me want to try it now with the zucchini noodles! I bet it tastes amazing. Wouldn’t you think so?
To start, you will need 1 pound of top sirloin steak or beef stew beef already chopped into chunks. You will want to slice the top sirloin steak against the grain and then with the grain to make nice-sized chunks.
- 1 pound top sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons four
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- Add your top sirloin steak cubes into a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook until done, couple of minutes on each side.
- Follow the directions on the package of the package for the pasta.
- Once the beef cubes look done, add in your mushrooms, garlic, paprika, and beef broth. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Whisk in the flour and keep whisking until it has fully incorporated. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Whisk in the greek yogurt.
- Serve on top of the egg noodles.