Grilled Jerk Pork Chops – Flavorful and delicious! Perfect as a main entree or on top of a big salad. Best when served with fresh or canned pineapple chunks!
Before I go straight into the nitty gritty of this post, a.k.a the recipe, do you know what exactly jerk seasoning is? Yeah, I didn’t know for the longest time either.When all else fails, who do we go to for information – GOOGLE. Yep. I’m not ashamed either.
All around me I notice people keep mentioning jerk chicken. What the heck was that? It’s an excellent spice blend consisting of allspice and scotch bennet peppers.
Now I do not have scotch bennet peppers on hand, so I used cayenne pepper for a substitute. Other ingredients you may include cinnamon, cloves, scallions, nutmeg, thyme, brown sugar, ginger, and salt.
My ingredients I used for my grilled jerk pork chops are thyme, salt, allspice, fresh garlic, and pepper. If you are up to it, I would recommend even adding fresh or canned pineapple chunks on top of your pork chops. They add an extra layer of sweetness. Just the perfect touch.
We are a pork chop loving household. We always have a few stored in the freezer for dinner. Our to-go dish is usually pork chops with a creamy mushroom sauce, if we aren’t feelin’ these grilled jerk pork chops.
A rice pilaf or simple roasted or grilled veggie kabobs would be perfect as a side dish. Add a side salad or serve on top of a big summer salad is great, as well.
No worries if you do not have a grill. We use our indoor grill pan all of the time! Makes the perfect grill marks on all kinds of meats and vegetables.
Simple. Finger-licking delicious.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cilantro, to garnish
- pineapple chunks, to garnish
- Mix the olive oil, thyme, allspice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic together in a small ramekin. Rub the spice blend into the pork chops.
- Prepare your grill according to the manufacture's instructions. Cook on 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Allow the pork chops to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and garnish with cilantro and pineapple chunks.
- Heat the grill pan over medium-heat until hot. Place the pork chops and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Allow the pork chops to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and garnish with cilantro and pineapple chunks.