This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringtheSizzle #CollectiveBias
Some days I am more of a breakfast person and then the others, I could forget about breakfast. On the days when I am hungry, I like to have my breakfast made the night before or has to be quick. The requirements are either one skillet or a muffin pan.
Are you a big breakfast person? If you are like me, you are going to love this easy sausage breakfast casserole with vegetables. For one, it’s easy and only requires a little bit of sautéing of the vegetables. It’s a great way to add extra vegetables to the little one’s diet, plus it’s perfect for any vegetable that may need to be used.
See the Brown ‘N Serve packaging in the picture below? Right now there is an Ibotta rebate of $1.00! Read more to find out why we love this product so much.
I should also mention, you can always make it the night before or even the morning of. If you are making it the morning of, to make it even quicker is to sauté the vegetables the night before. Easy as pie.
Other than whipping and mixing eggs with vegetables, the Brown ‘N Serve sausage links allow the breakfast casserole to come together. We love them! They are a new item that is already fully and can be ready in minutes in the skillet or microwave. Talk about quick and easy for those hectic weekday mornings! I can’t believe I forgot to tell you, not only are they delicious, but they are protein-packed, as well!
If you still aren’t convinced of how quick this easy sausage breakfast casserole with vegetables can be, below are the step-by-steps showing you!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium white potatoes, peeled and diced into 1" chunks
- 2 cups frozen kale
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Brown 'N Serve Original Sausage Links, diced
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk, I used skim
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- scallions, to garnish
- diced tomatoes, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the oil, onion, garlic, potatoes, kale, green bell peppers, and pepper into a hot skillet. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the sausage links and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in the vegetable and sausage mixture.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and pour the mixture into a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil, remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with scallions and diced tomatoes.
Head to your local Wal-Mart to purchase Brown ‘N Serve Sausage Links for this easy breakfast casserole with vegetables! Don’t forget to use the Ibotta rebate for $1.00!