Delicious dairy-free fudgsicle recipe that’s a healthier option to beat the heat! They taste amazing and you won’t even notice they are healthier!
This month I am trying to cut out all processed foods, grains, sugar, and dairy. It sounds like a lot and it really is! At least I am trying new things and that’s always great.
Before I would have NEVER tried anything dairy-free and would have stuck up my nose and said, “No thanks”. With the changes in my diet, I know have a lot more energy to get everything completed in my busy schedule and then some. I would have never thought that.
Plus, losing a few pounds since the beginning of my month is really great. I have a long way to go.
I know you all will love these fudgsicles because they are so decadent, rich, and just tasty. I think I like them a lot better than the store-bought fudgsicles. I always thought nothing could compete with them – these dairy-free fudgiscles did and they won. Who would of thought?
You can definitely make these vegan by using a vegan sugar, which I would have to do some research to recommend one. I love honey and that’s what we hand around. So in the honey went to sweeten it.
You might think these fudgsicles are super-rich; well they are but, you can always add in more honey to make it sweeter for your taste.
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey add more if you like it sweeter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Ice Pop Molds
- In a blender or a food processor, add in the avocados, coocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk. Blend or pulse until the mixture is creamy.
- Taste and see if it is sweet enough for your taste, if not add in more honey.
- Place the creamy mixture into ice pop molds and try to get all of the air bubbles out. *
- Freeze overnight.
I thought that was easier to add the mixture into the ice pop molds by using a pastry bag - like you would do with frosting. To get most of the air bubbles out, shake the mold a couple of times and poke a knife or something similar into the mixture.