Apple Pumpkin Bread (No Yeast) – Moist and tender with the perfect pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and apple flavor! Made in no time without any yeast.
Before I get into the nitty gritty of this post, I should mention your house will smell amazing while you are baking this quick bread. No need to light a candle for a couple of hours, just enjoy the smell of pumpkin, pumpkin spice and apples baking away. Mmmm….my mouth is starting to water just thinking about the smell. We also love making this Pumpkin Coffee Cake in the mornings or even as a dessert. The house will seem heavenly!
Call me weird, but I love when my house smells great when I am baking a sweet treat. Too bad I didn’t have any for breakfast. Tomorrow, yes, there’s always tomorrow, right?
It would be great warmed in the microwave with a slice of melted butter on top alongside a steaming hot cup of coffee, preferably pumpkin spice to fit the season. Looking for another pumpkin dessert, try Pumpkin Pie Caramel Blondies!
For these types of bread, including my pepperoni pizza quick bread, I do not like to use yeast. I like my sweet and savory bread to be quick and moist. I like to have the mixture like a batter texture than a bread dough texture. Although, I love baked bread, I do not like the doughy texture for what I like.
The best part about making this quick bread, you only need one bowl. I am in love with one bowl recipes because that means fewer dishes. I am not a fan of washing dishes without a dishwasher. Ugh. It’s the worst thing ever, in my mind.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 honey crisp apple, cored and sliced into small chunks
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree **not pumpkin pie filling**
- ½ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 and ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- Place the vegetable oil, milk, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the apple, pumpkin puree, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Place the pumpkin pie spice, salt, flour and baking soda into the mixing bowl and fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with few crumbs. Cover with aluminum foil halfway through the keep the bread from browning too soon.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Create your own Apple Pumpkin Bread (No Yeast) using the recommended equipment:
- Farberware Nonstick 9×5 Inch Loaf Pan
- OXO Good Grips Whisk
- Wilton Easy Flex 3-Piece Silicon Spatula Set
- Pyrex Glass 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set