A mouthwatering baked sour cream chicken recipe that is super-moist and so flavorful! We love it!
In our house we usually have a lot of chicken in our dishes because it’s cost-effective, not too expensive compared to beef. So I am always on the lookout or have new ideas on how we can use our chicken, like this delicious sour cream chicken.
We used to eat a lot of pork, but the prices of pork have really shot-up by a lot. Kind of surprising to me.
I have never had sour cream on my chicken before, so the very first time I made it I really did not know how it would be. It actually adds a lot of flavor to the chicken and keeps it moist while you are baking it. Now I have never tried cooking the chicken with sour cream on the stove-top before.
Let me know if you try it, please! Not sure how the sour cream would hold up with you flipping it to cook on the other side.
I really recommend you trying this delicious chicken recipe because it’s so good. We paired it with orzo pasta, but it would be great with tex-mex themed side dish because of the cilantro and lime flavors.
For this recipe, I covered it completely until the 15 minutes before the timer went off. It really helped to keep the moisture in because chicken can sometimes dry out some in the oven.
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts, not frozen
- salt and pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken breasts and place into the skillet, add the lime juice on top of the breasts. Sear on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop the fresh cilantro and mix together with ¾ cup of the sour cream, spread ¼ of the mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish, spread ½ of the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken breasts. Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. With 10-15 minutes left for the cooking time is up, remove the foil.
- Mix together the extra sour cream, should be ¼ of a cup, and the milk together. Serve on top of the plated chicken breasts. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Are you looking for additional chicken recipes? Make sure you are following my Chicken Pinterest board!