5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip is so much better than the store-bought stuff! This 5-ingredient chili cheese dip has everything any football fan could ever want when the game day munchies kick in!
I think we can all agree about one thing: football is only about the appetizers and dips. Wouldn’t you agree? It’s nice to watch a great game, but even better when you are snacking on great food.
Growing up, I wasn’t a football fan at all. Still to this day, I dislike many sports because it’s boring and cannot keep my interest long enough. Add a plate of nachos, try my favorite pulled pork nachos, or a dip, especially gouda bacon ranch dip, and I can watch any game whether it be football, soccer, basketball, etc. Now as an adult, I have started to enjoy football more. Now I can’t watch every team play, only the ones I like or the teams my family likes.
If you haven’t already noticed, it’s made with only 5-ingredients. There is one ingredient you may want to make from scratch if that’s your thing or stick with the ingredient written in the recipe for an easy dump slow cooker dip.
For my slow cooker, I used this adorable little 2-quart slow cooker. Not the same brand, but has the same features. It’s perfect for dips when you have a crowd over or just for two people who enjoy a great batch of dip every day for a couple of days. The last part seems more like us. You too?
Here is a couple of reasons why I love this 5-ingredient slow cooker chili cheese dip:
- There is hardly any prep time with all of the ingredient being “dump” and go besides the cheese. I like to shred my cheese. If you purchase shredded cheese, then you are already ready to go!
- Perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Not overly spicy and you can control how spicy the dip is depending on your salsa.
- Can be made ahead of time. Just reheat using the same 2-quart slow cooker on high for 1 hour.
- 2 cups chili with beans*
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup your favorite salsa**
- fresh parsley optional
- scallions optional
- Spray 2-quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours or until the ingredients are melted and creamy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and scallions. Serve with tortilla chips, bread, or crackers.
*You may use store-bought or homemade chili.
**Depending on how spicy you would like this dip to be, use a mild or hot salsa.