A delicious sweet potatoes stuffed to the max with black beans, corn, and a delightful honey-lime dressing. Honey-Lime, Black Bean, Corn Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
Happy New Year everyone! I cannot believe how quickly 2013 went by. It was definitely the best year for me, well us. We decided to buy a house, then got married at a young age.
I believe 2014 will be a fabulous year as well. Wow…typing out 2014 just feels weird. Does it for you?
I always like to start out a new year with something easy and healthy – don’t we all? I thought these stuffed sweet potatoes would be perfect, plus you can eat these all-year long if you wanted to.
I love fresh produce in the summer. I need to start working on planning out my 2014 garden. I keep on saying it is going to be bigger and badder, but that is a lot of work. Need to think on that some more, I wish there were more hours in the day!
I love all of the beautiful colors in this dish. So stinkin’ pretty.
Not only does it look delicious, but it is so easy to make from start to finish. The longest part is roasting the sweet potatoes after that, it is just gravy. Delicious.Easy.Simple.Colorful.
Have you set your goals for 2014, yet? I have started, but I really need to finish. If I don’t do it soon, I will be doomed and it will never get finished.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup corn
- 2 limes, juices
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and add some water in a medium-sized baking dish.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and place the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size.
- Mix together the honey-lime dressing by mixing together the lime juice, zest, honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- When the sweet potatoes are completely done, allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes length-wise and scoop out the inside and chop it into little chunks.
- In a large dish, combine the sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, and the honey-lime dressing.
This recipe parties at these great parties!