This blog post is written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine
Sweet Honey BBQ Grilled Chicken – The juiciest and easiest grilled chicken thighs. Add a side for a complete meal or it instantly transforms sandwiches, salads, tacos, you name it into the most flavor bursting meal! A staple during grilling season!
During the warmer months, you can always catch us grilling a few times a week. We love it, and the flavor it creates is phenomenal, taste you can only achieve on a charcoal grill, in my opinion. It’s a great way to relax with friends and family, in particular on the weekends, with great food and excellent company.
The rub and the barbecue sauce for this grilled chicken are insanely easy and tasty. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal or even for preparing meals for the upcoming week. It’s also very versatile meaning you can use any cut of chicken you feel like using. I used skinless and boneless chicken thighs. I do, however, purchase skin on and bone-in chicken thighs because they are affordable and so easy to de-skin and de-bone yourself. Makes for quick, easy, and juicy chicken thighs in a matter of minutes on a hot grill.
I used skinless and boneless chicken thighs. I do, however, purchase skin on and bone-in chicken thighs because they are affordable and so easy to de-skin and de-bone yourself. Makes for quick, easy, and juicy chicken thighs in a matter of minutes on a hot grill.
The flavor of these sweet honey bbq grilled chicken thighs is KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey.
As you can see by the photos below you start with a dry mix, and you can customize it however you would like with juice, soda, beer, bourbon, water, you name it! I used a little bit of bourbon (who doesn’t like bourbon?!), apple cider vinegar, and two pinches of crushed red pepper chili flakes for a little extra heat. The flavor combinations are endless!
Worried about gluten in the mixes, no need to worry because all KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce and marinade varieties are gluten-free, except for Caribbean Jerk marinade and Honey Teriyaki marinade.
- 1.4 lbs skinless and deboned chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons KC Masterpiece Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- 1 pouch KC Masterpiece Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper chili flakes
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Rub the sweet honey rub mix into the chicken thighs. Cover the chicken thighs with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Whisk together the sweet honey sauce mix, water, apple cider vinegar, bourbon, and crushed red pepper chili flakes in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Prepare your grill according to the manufacture's instructions. Place the chicken thighs onto the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side until the are cooked through.
- Brush the bbq sauce onto the chicken thighs and grill for another minute.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the grill and add another layer of bbq sauce (optional).
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.