Strawberry Limeade Margaritas – Learn how to make the perfect strawberry limeade margaritas in no time! If you love classic margaritas or even frozen margaritas, you are going to love these! Sweet, tart, and refreshing!
I can’t believe Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow! Celebrating Cinco de Mayo without margaritas isn’t heard of, so I decide to whip us up some strawberry limeade margaritas to celebrate. They truly are something special and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes or ahead of time.
Loving a good, strong, tart margarita has always been my thing. Must have picked up on my Mom’s taste on margaritas because we love them! Seriously…can not get enough.
So what makes these strawberry limeade margaritas different than others? Let me tell you why. No need to add extra sugar or create a simple syrup which is equal parts sugar and water. No need to juice limes or wait for them to go on sale. All you need is a can of frozen limeade concentrate from the freezer section, fresh strawberries (those are a must), quality triple sec (Cointreau), and a reposado tequila. I love using reposado tequila because it’s made from 100% agave. Better quality and a smoother taste, in my opinion.
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 can
filtered, cold water
- 318 grams fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 4 ounces reposado tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- salt, for rimming the glasses
- lime slices, to garnish
- Mix together the frozen limeade concentrate and the water together until combined in a pitcher.
- Place the strawberries in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Strain the pureed strawberries through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Mix the strained strawberry puree with the limeade, add in the tequila and Cointreau and mix until combined.
- Take one lime slice or wedge around the rim of 4 glasses, dip the rims of each glass into the salt, add ice and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Garnish with a lime slice or wedge.